Crawford County’s stories have been forged, written, brewed and created by folks from all walks of life and we’re proud to honor that tradition by sharing our scenic spaces, unique wares and hidden treasures with the world. Each June, we’re invigorated by Pride and joyously welcome members of the LGBTQIA+ community to celebrate with us. Centrally located between Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Cleveland, Crawford County is a place where you can celebrate Pride surrounded by Pennsylvania pure nature, scenic downtown streets and a vibrant community that effortlessly feels like home.
Support LGBTQ+ Friendly Businesses
There’s plenty to fill your itinerary during your stay here in Crawford County, including supporting the LGBTQ+-owned businesses that are creating beautiful and inclusive spaces for locals and visitors alike. It’s a great way to contribute to the local economy while supporting businesses that stand for diversity and inclusivity:
- The Yoga Spot – Whether you’re a yogi yourself or just looking for ways to ground your energy, this studio is the perfect place to blend zen with fun. Offering unique and spunky events, you’ll be looking forward to your next yoga practice.
- Blossoms & Blooms Boutique – Plant lovers, seek no more. This adorable boutique in Linesville, PA will become your favorite destination with gorgeous flower arrangements, potted plants and special gifts all year round.
- Loeffler’s Flowers – This beautiful shop in downtown Meadville is the best place to find the perfect gift for your special someone. With expert bouquet designers and a wide selection of gifts, you’re bound to leave with your next treasure.
- French Creek Framing & Fine Art – The artists will “ooh” and “ahh” over the phenomenal photography are paintings found in this shop. They also feature wares and creations from other local artisans in the community!
Share Your Pride With These Events and Groups
The area also offers several ways to engage with other members and supporters of the LGBTQ+ community. With mixers, organized events and other ways to share your self-love, Crawford County is excited to welcome you!
The NWPA Pride Alliance works to facilitate communication and collaborations between groups and individuals within northwestern Pennsylvania’s LGBTQIA community and the greater region. They organize and host a variety of events annually to celebrate and connect this community. Here are some the highlights:
- Monthly Meadville Happy Hour – NWPA Pride hosts a happy hour in Meadville on the fourth Wednesday of every month. Drinks, laughs, and good time start at 5:30 pm and the location changes monthly.
- Erie Pride Parade & Pridefest 2023 – Erie, PA on Saturday June 24th. Come to Perry Square to celebrate pride! Parade from 18th & State at 1 pm. The fest includes drag queen performances, entertainment, vendors, food & more.
- Meadville Pride and Street Fair 2023 – Meadville, PA on Saturday July 29th. This event will be held on upper Chestnut Street and Diamond Park, and will include a pride walk, street festival, food trucks and exhibits by local vendors and artists.
- 30th Annual Pride Picnic – Erie, PA on Saturday August 12th . This event is free and open to the public. Located at the Rotary Pavilion at Presque Isle (near Beach 7) from 1 to 6pm.
- 2023 Pride Day at Waldameer Park and Water World – Erie, PA on Sunday August 13th – Family fun at one of Erie’s favorite summertime spots.
The Pittsburgh Pride Group is a consortium of local LGBTQIA+ organizations that work together to create community focused pride events.
- Pittsburgh Pride Revolution – Pittsburgh, PA Thursday June 1st through Sunday June 4th. This event is in the big city of Pittsburgh, which is only a little under 90 minutes away from Crawford County! There will be several events throughout the city of Pittsburgh and will be featuring performances, vendors, a community march, and free concerts.
We Hope to See You Soon!
Crawford County Pennsylvania is a place where love, acceptance, and Pride are celebrated with fervor. Whether you identify as LGBTQIA+ or are an ally, the sense of community and the acceptance you’ll find here is truly heartwarming. So come join us in celebrating diversity and love in all its forms. Come and relax, connect, tell your story and share your Pride.
Check out these great resources to start planning your trip today:
- Visit Crawford App
- Visit Crawford 2023 Visitor’s Guide
- Plan your Experience on our Website
- Unique Places to Stay in Crawford County
- How to Enjoy a Rainy Day in Crawford County
Adapted and updated from our original blog post June 2022